Announcements :
  • Ut eu consectetur nisi. Praesent facilisis diam nec sapien gravida non mattis justo imperdiet. Vestibulum nisl urna, euismod sit amet congue at, bibendum non risus.

• Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu eros velit, non blandit ipsum. Donec pretium, nibh vitae tristique tempor, enim sem condimentum lacus, vel mattis mauris risus id justo.

• Donec rutrum convallis viverra. Suspendisse vehicula, risus sit amet luctus pharetra, quam ante condimentum metus, porttitor vulputate magna felis quis dui.

• Suspendisse ipsum urna, pellentesque eget sagittis eget, porta eget ligula. Mauris id posuere nisl. Aliquam sit amet urna lorem. Donec et odio et velit ornare dapibus a sit amet odio.

Topic Rating
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
‘True Blood’s’ Deborah Ann Woll Joins ‘Daredevil’!ENDVALUE!
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
‘True Blood’s’ Deborah Ann Woll Joins ‘Daredevil’!ENDVALUE!
@@@
True Blood star is trading supernaturals for superheroes and Ray Ban Sunglasses Discount has been cast as the female lead in .
Woll will play Karen Page, the love interest to blind crimefighter Daredevil himself Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) in the 13-episode series. Kate Spade Wallet Vincent D Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Peter Shinkoda are also Beats By Dre Earbuds series regulars.
The show, which is based on the Marvel comics, comes from Marvel and ABC Studios. Steven S. DeKnight is the showrunner, having replaced Lost alum Drew Goddard. Both will serve as exec , with Goddard serving as consulting producer.
The role may have Cheap Fitflop Sale a special connection to Woll, as her real-life boyfriend EJ Scott is losing his sight due to choroideremia and the two publicly campaign to fight the rare genetic disorder.
Woll is repped by CAA.
08-08-2014, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:48 PM by stevenlat.)
'Rich Hill' Directors on Creating an Intimate Portrait of Poverty and Rural Life
@@@
Directors Tracy Droz Tragos and Andrew Droz Palermo鈥檚 documentary Rich Hill follows three teenage boys as they struggle through a life of poverty in a small Missouri town. The directors, who also live in that community, take an intimate, loving approach in depicting their way of life in the Sundance Grand Jury Prize-winning film.

鈥淲e knew that we wanted to do something different from films that felt exploitative,鈥?Tragos tells . 鈥淲e wanted folks to have moments to meditate, contemplate, and think about the small moments and notice the small details and Celine Bags Outlet hand gestures. I鈥檓 really excited that we took some of the risks we that we took and we took them knowingly. We didn鈥檛 just stumble upon this film. We were very intentional and we said we鈥檙e going to do something different. We鈥檙e not going to have statistics and we鈥檙e not going to have outside experts. We鈥檙e going to have this really be an experience where we take people to this place and have these kids be the authors of their story. You walk a mile in Celine Outlet Store their shoes a little bit and we knew that it would be a little bit of a risk in a way.鈥?

Tragos focused on the duality that exists within the lives of her subjects. 鈥淭here鈥檚 the smells and the beauty just of rural America and some of the patriotism and the small town [quality] of everybody knowing each other,鈥?she says. 鈥淏ut it is deeply sad that there are so many people that are struggling and don鈥檛 have jobs. They鈥檒l have their car break down and they don鈥檛 have money for gas. I think I never fully appreciated what that would feel like until making this film, how isolating that can Celine UK be and how alone and unseen. That was part of the surprise in how welcomed we were in these homes, the fact that they really were appreciative that somebody was knocking on their door. Here we were. 鈥楥ome in. Somebody wants to talk to me and hear what I鈥檝e got going on?鈥?I was honored that we were welcomed in and that we got to bear witness.鈥?

@@@
1) Comments must be contained Celine Bags Outlet to the topic of the articles only. Comments that stray from the direct subject of the article will be deleted.
2) Readers are free to comment on and debate other readers' comments, but comments must specifically address the issue(s) raised. Comments containing personal insults directed toward another reader in any form will be Celine Outlet Store deleted.
3) Comments must be civil in tone, and there will be no name calling of any kind. Uncivil or inappropriate comments will be deleted, as will any comment containing profanities.
4) Comments critical of crime or accident victims will be deleted.
5) Comments that are potentially libelous, including those that contain accusations not supported by facts, will be deleted.
Commenters who abuse these policies will have their e-mail registrations revoked.

Thank you, Celine UK and we hope you enjoy interacting with us and the community.

"Hard work never killed anybody." But why take the risk? " Come on to check www.christianlouboutinshoe4sale.com.
08-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Mo. general revenue up $31.5M in July - News
@@@
JEFFERSON CITY聽鈥?Missouri started fiscal year 2015 with an increase in general revenue for the month of July.General revenue increased 6.5 percent -- or 31.5 million -- from July of last year, according to聽State Budget Director Linda Luebbering.The increase comes just a month after Luebbering announced general revenue for the fiscal year that ended June 30 was Celine Bags Outlet down 1 percent -- or 79.4 million -- from 2013.Gov. Jay聽Nixon, a Democrat, initially projected 2.8 percent revenue growth for Celine Outlet Store fiscal year 2014, while the Republican-led Legislature estimated 2 percent.After both overestimated how much revenue would grow, Nixon cut $1.1 billion from the $26.4 billion fiscal year 2015 budget. About $400 million of the $786 million in general revenue cuts were because of this overestimation.聽That makes the governor and the Legislature's goal for revenue growth in the current fiscal year -- 5.2 percent and 4.2 percent, respectively -- seem even loftier than before.The governor's budget Celine UK cuts聽assumed fiscal year 2014 revenue would be down 1 percent and fiscal year 2015 revenue would grow 5 percent.Luebbering previously said聽revenue for the current fiscal year would have to grow several percentage points more to reach the 5 percent given the lack of growth in fiscal year 2014.

"Hard work never killed anybody." But why take the risk? " Come on to check www.christianlouboutinshoe4sale.com.
08-08-2014, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 09:06 PM by stevenlat.)
FBI takes over search for missing 6
@@@
BREMERTON, Wash. - Searchers worked through the night looking for a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her Bremerton home, and the FBI has now taken charge of the search effort.<br><br>A Kitsap County sheriff's dispatcher said Tuesday morning there's still no sign of Jenise Wright. She was last seen Saturday night but not reported missing by her family until Sunday night.<br><br>The little girl's disappearance was being called a missing person case with "suspicious circumstances," said Deputy Scott Wilson. Most missing children would have surfaced by now, he said.<br><br>Investigators spent several hours looking for evidence inside the girl's home at the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park in East Bremerton. In addition, both of the girl's parents have taken lie detector tests to help Celine Cabas Bags with the investigation, but the results were not released.<br><br>On Monday, state child welfare workers removed two other children from the home, an 8-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl.<br><br>About 80 searchers including dog teams looked Monday for Jenise, who was last seen Saturday night when she went to bed. Her family noticed her missing Sunday morning but didn't become worried and call for help until that night because she had left the home on previous occasions and wandered around the neighborhood.<br><br>The family felt it was relatively safe because it's a fenced property, Wilson said.<br><br>A decision on whether to continue the ground search Tuesday was pending, the spokesman Celine Wallets said.<br><br>Investigators, who now include the FBI and detectives from nearby police agencies and the Washington State Patrol, are "looking at the entire spectrum of possibilities: has the child sustained an accident? Has the child been abducted? Has the child come to harm?" Wilson said.<br><br>The FBI has resources "that we can only dream about - investigative tools, personnel that specialize in child abduction," Wilson said. "We're not calling it an abduction, but why not get those resources early on, examine all the possibilities."<br><br>Two parents Celine Clasp Bags live in the home in a blended family. The 8-year-old and 12-year-old were the only other children in the home last weekend. A 16-year-old boy was out of town. Two other offspring are adults.<br><br>The search began at about 1:30 a.m. Monday with deputies and volunteers in and around the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park. They cleared the park and searched later in the surrounding neighborhood and wooded area, Wilson said.<br><br>"She's really independent, she's tenacious," the little girl's father, James Wright, told KOMO-TV, describing the neighborhood as safe and saying his daughter roamed the park.<br><br>Other residents in the park described Jenise as outgoing and unafraid to talk to anyone.

@@@
1) Comments must be contained to the topic of the articles only. Comments that stray from the direct Celine Doctor Frame Bags subject of the article will be deleted.
2) Readers are free to comment on and debate other readers' comments, but comments must specifically address the issue(s) raised. Comments containing personal insults directed toward another reader in any form will be deleted.
3) Comments must Celine Luggage be civil in tone, and there will be no name calling of any kind. Uncivil or inappropriate comments will be deleted, as will any comment containing profanities.
5) Comments that are potentially libelous, including those that contain accusations not supported by facts, will be deleted.
Commenters who abuse these policies will have their e-mail registrations revoked.
&nbsp;

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy interacting with us and the community.

08-08-2014, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 10:31 PM by stevenlat.)
'Bobblehead' Quinn aims to keep the sacks coming - Sports
@@@
By a mere one-half sack, Robert Quinn missed becoming the inaugural winner of the Deacon Jones Award, which goes to the NFL鈥檚 sack champion. But he did make his first Pro Bowl in 2013, was named first-team All Pro and was the league鈥檚 defensive player of the year as voted on by the Pro Football Writers of America.But in this day and age of professional sports, you haven鈥檛 truly arrived until you get your own bobblehead doll. Well, that day is coming for Quinn, whose 19 sacks last year were the most for a Rams player since the quarterback sack became an official NFL statistic in 1982.As part of its promotional schedule for home games at the Edward Jones Dome, the Rams announced at the start of camp that the Oct. 19 contest against Seattle will be Robert Quinn Bobblehead Day for the first 15,000 fans in attendance.鈥淭o have a bobblehead, now that鈥檚 a humbling experience,鈥?Quinn said in all sincerity. 鈥淭he good man upstairs put me in the right position to even have the opportunity. To have the team here even put myself in position to have a bobblehead is a great honor.鈥淚鈥檓 gonna put it on my mantel once I get one, and sit back and smile.鈥漄uinn may have been serious, but several of his defensive teammates couldn鈥檛 avoid applying the needle. They all can鈥檛 wait to get their hands on one.鈥淗e鈥檚 gonna sign it for me and it鈥檒l go Celine Bags Outlet Store in the man cave for sure,鈥?defensive end William Hayes said. 鈥淎fter I鈥檓 done with football, if Rob goes to the Hall of Fame, I鈥檓 just gonna put it on eBay and sell it. It鈥檒l take care of my retirement; I won鈥檛 even have to go into my savings.鈥漀ext up, linebacker James Laurinaitis: 鈥淚t鈥檒l stay in my locker. I won鈥檛 go as far as Cortland Finnegan. When my bobblehead came out (last year), he actually glued it to the top of his truck.鈥滾ike a hood ornament.And in closing, defensive end Chris Long: 鈥淩obert Quinn has like a size 9 hat, you know. So I鈥檇 like to see that bobblehead 鈥檆ause he鈥檚 like a human bobblehead.鈥漈he added bonus with the Quinn bobblehead is that it shows him doing his popular sack dance 鈥?the Bernie 鈥?in which he goes into convulsions (see the movie: 鈥淲eekend at Bernie鈥檚鈥?.鈥淚f I tried to get in that pose, I鈥檇 tear my back out,鈥?Long said.鈥淚 can鈥檛 do the Bernie,鈥?Laurinaitis said. 鈥淎 lot of things would tear on my action figure if I tried to do the Bernie.鈥滼ames Laurinaitis 鈥渁ction figure鈥?day is the home finale against the New York Giants. For the uninitiated, compared to a bobblehead an action figure basically is a likeness of a player minus the grotesquely oversized head.The fact that Quinn鈥檚 bobblehead shows him doing his sack dance Celine UK Online puts some pressure on Quinn to keep the sacks coming in this, his fourth NFL season.鈥淗opefully, I can get plenty of them this year,鈥?Quinn said.But 19 sacks is rarified air in the NFL; it鈥檚 not far from the official single-season record of 22陆 set by Hall of Famer Michael Strahan in 2001.Has Quinn, still only 24, hit his ceiling? Or does he still have room to grow as an NFL player?鈥淭here is no ceiling,鈥?Quinn stated flatly. 鈥淭o have another season like that, or even to better it, that鈥檚 gonna be a little tough. That鈥檚 what makes this sport so fun, to try to better your last performance.鈥漃ro football is very much a here and now business. And Quinn very much takes a here and now approach to his craft.鈥淚f you look too far into the future, you realize you鈥檝e got a long way to go before you get to where you want to be,鈥?Quinn said.So Quinn isn鈥檛 worried about 19 or more sacks this season. For now, it鈥檚 all about the grind of training camp and getting ready for the regular-season opener against Minnesota.Nor is he concerned with his contract situation. After his breakout 2013 campaign, Quinn is widely considered one of the league鈥檚 elite pass rushers.Had he been an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2013, he would鈥檝e commanded $10 million plus per season. As it is, he will earn about $8.6 million over the next two years combined.Quinn鈥檚 base salary this season, the last year of his original contract, pays him $1.66 million. That鈥檚 like getting a Porsche at Yugo prices. And in a feature of the new collective bargaining agreement, the Rams exercised an option in late April for a fifth year (2015) at $6.96 million 鈥?Celine Online Outlet a figure determined by league formula. Still a bargain.But Quinn isn鈥檛 fretting about an extension.鈥淭here鈥檚 nothing I can do about it, so I don鈥檛 let it bother me,鈥?he said. 鈥淚鈥檓 just going day-by-day. Whatever happens, happens. That鈥檚 just my personality.鈥淚f they want to do something, that鈥檚 on them. Like I said, it鈥檚 out of my control right now. I鈥檝e got two more years left on this contract. I鈥檓 just going to come out here and try to be the best player I can be. Help this team win the best way possible that I can.鈥漁f course, if Quinn has a couple of more seasons even approaching his 2013 output 鈥?seasons with lots of Bernie dances 鈥?he can all but name his price.鈥淭he plays that he made last year at critical times in ballgames were very, very impressive if you go back through the end of the games, the end of halves, the two-minute things,鈥?coach Jeff Fisher said. 鈥淗e feels like he can get better. We鈥檙e doing everything we can to help him get better.鈥?

@@@
That explains why the last century experienced a population increase of more than 5 billion people. More food means longer life. The population increase has not Celine Bags come from rising birth rates (they peaked in 1962), but falling death rates. The researchers and scientists of the last century that caused Buy Celine Bags those rates to fall had a greater impact on the world than all the generals and politicians combined. If you want to quantify the difference, take the highest estimated total of the number of lives lost in the wars 200 million and compare it to the Celine UK Outlet number of lives saved by the Green Revolution and advances in medicine during the same time period over 5 billion. In terms of human survival, the good things that happened in the last century outweighed the bad things that dominated its headlines by 25 to 1.

08-08-2014, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 12:21 AM by stevenlat.)
WATCH- Baby seal hitches surprise ride on surfer’s board
@@@
A couple of surfers had a companion join the fun recently.
Luckily surfer Matthew Stanley鈥檚 GoPro camera was rolling and caught the entire encounter which is now published on YouTube.
In the video a baby Celine Cabas Bags seal can be seen climbing on Stanley鈥檚 board and enjoying an afternoon of surfing.
From YouTube:
鈥淢e and my friend Andrew Flounders were out enjoying some Celine Wallets summer waves when this little guy came along and scared the hell out of Andy because we didn鈥檛 know what it was! It nudged his foot from underneath,鈥?he explained.
After an hour or so of playing around with the pup, the guys decided to head back to the shore, but Celine Clasp Bags the little guy hadn鈥檛 finished and tried to follow them up the beach. 鈥淲hen we got home Andy rang the local marine wildlife authority to make them aware of what occurred just in case the seal was unwell鈥?He didn鈥檛 seem unwell when he was surfing in like a pro!鈥?

@@@
1) Comments must be contained to the topic of the articles Celine Cabas Bags only. Comments that stray from the direct subject of the article will be deleted.
2) Readers are free to comment on and debate other readers' comments, but comments must specifically address the issue(s) raised. Comments containing personal insults directed toward another reader in any form will be deleted.
3) Comments must be civil in tone, and there will be no name calling of any kind. Uncivil or inappropriate comments will be deleted, Celine Wallets as will any comment containing profanities.
Commenters who Celine Clasp Bags abuse these policies will have their e-mail registrations revoked.
&nbsp;

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy interacting with us and the community.

08-09-2014, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 02:03 AM by stevenlat.)
Minor league weekend roundup- Weaver struggles in debut - Sports
@@@
2014 first-round pick Luke Weaver struggled mightily in his High-A Palm Beach debut Friday, allowing five earned runs in 1 2/3 innings. Weaver, drafted 27th overall out of Florida State, walked three against one strikeout and allowed a home run. The righty previously made four starts in the Gulf Coast League.Andrew Morales, drafted 71th overall (competitive balance), enjoyed a much steadier debut in relief of Weaver. The righty out of UC Irvine went three innings, allowing one run.聽Class AAA Memphis Redbirds (60-55, Pacific Coast League)Weekend Record: 2-2Highlights: Jermaine Curtis鈥?game-winning single in the seventh scored Xavier Scruggs and completed a doubleheader sweep of Round Rock (Texas Rangers) Celine Cabas Bags Sunday, as the Redbirds rebounded after starting the weekend with two straight losses.Tyler Lyons tossed seven shutout innings to earn his sixth win (and fourth straight) in Game 1. He was supported by a Tommy Pham home run and Randal Grichuk, who doubled and drove in a run. Memphis jumped out to a 4-0 lead in Game 2, and Greg Garcia tied it at five after Boone Whiting lasted just three innings. Grichuk added two more hits and catcher Ed Easley drove in two.Marco Gonzales got a no-decision despite striking out seven in 6 1/3 one-run innings Saturday against Round Rock. After lasting just three innings in his first Class AAA start, Gonzales has dropped his ERA to 3.74 over four starts.Memphis and Round Rock play another doubleheader Monday.Lowlights: Cooney struggled Friday for the first time in over a month, allowing 13 hits and four runs in 5 2/3 innings in a loss to Omaha (Kansas City Royals).聽Jorge Rondon took his fourth loss after allowing two runs in an inning in aerlief of Gonzales Saturday. Dean Kiekhefer allowed two runs in 2/3 of an inning t round out a game-altering eighth inning.聽Class AA Springfield (17-26 second half, 51-62 overall, Texas League)Weekend Record: Celine Wallets 0-3Lowlights: The Cardinals were outscored 17-6 over a three-game sweep at the hands of Arkansas (Los Angeles Angels). Kurt Heyer lost Friday despite allowing two runs in seven innings, and Jimmy Reed (5 IP, 5 R) received zero support Sunday. Kyle Hald surrendered seven earned in five Saturday and took his fourth loss against eight wins.Breyvic Valera鈥檚 two-hit, two RBI game Saturday proved the weekend鈥檚 most prolific offensive performance.High-A Palm Beach (26-17 second half, 62-50 overall Florida State League)Weekend Record: 0-3Lowlights: The bullpen soured a nice start from Nick Petree (5 2/3 innings) Saturday, the Cardinals dropped a slugfest Friday and were walked-off on Sunday.Palm Beach was swept on a weekend it hit five home runs, a high number for the spacious parks of the Florida State League. The power spiked Friday, when Luke Voit, Celine Clasp Bags Nick Martini and Bruce Caldwell all went deep. That wasn鈥檛 enough to counter poor performances from Weaver and Dixon Llorens (2 IP 3 ER).Danny Miranda and Ronnie Shaban combined to allow seven runs (six earned) in relief of Petree Saturday, when Voit homered again.Silfredo Garcia tossed a quality start Sunday despite walking five against seven strikeouts. But Chris Perry allowed two runs in two innings and took his first loss and blown save.Silver lining: Mason Katz added four hits over the weekend to improve his average to .308 in 78 at bats. The infielder hit .212 in 250 at bats for Low-A Peoria earlier this year.Low-A Peoria (22-19 second half, 59-51 overall Midwest League)Weekend Record: 1-1Highlights: Rob Kaminsky earned his sixth win Saturday after allowing three runs in 5 1/3 innings. The lefty former first-round pick struck out six. His ERA rose to 1.75 in 14 starts. Rose.Lowlights: Luis Perdomo lost Friday despite allowing zero earned runs in a 5-1 loss. Perdomo (2-2) was victimized by two errors.Extra weekend records:Short Season State College (32-18 New York Penn League): 0-3Rookie Johnson City (20-22): 1-2

@@@
A month ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin appeared to be successfully executing his campaign to destabilize Ukraine. While Russian-backed insurgents consolidated a breakaway republic, weak and divided Western governments ignored their own deadlines for imposing sanctions.
Now, suddenly, Celine Bags Putin faces twin reversals: relatively tough sanctions from the United States and European Union on Russian banks and oil companies, and a string of military defeats that have pushed back his proxy forces. It s a dangerous moment for Putin 鈥?and, perhaps, an opportunity for Ukraine and its allies.
Ukrainian officials, like some of their counterparts in the West, worry about a Buy Celine Bags reckless lashing out by a ruler who feels cornered. Putin, they counsel, still should be offered a face-saving way of retreating from Ukraine. President Petro Poroshenko and the interim government, which have been offering such compromises all along, are set to renew negotiations with the Russian-backed forces this week.
Russia should not be allowed to permanently entrench its proxy forces in eastern Ukraine, creating a frozen conflict.
The West also should not shrink from the destabilization of Putin s regime. Once considered a partner, this Kremlin ruler has evolved into a dangerous rogue who threatens the stability and peace of Europe. If he can be undermined through sanctions and the restoration of order in eastern Celine UK Outlet Ukraine, he should be.

08-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Daimler AG To Cut Prices Of Mercedes
@@@
Daimler AG (OTCMKTS:DDAIF), the German luxury automaker perhaps best known for the Mercedes-Benz brand of cars, said Sunday that it would cut prices by up to 15 percent for more than 10,000 spare parts of the brand in China, in response to an investigation by the country's antitrust regulator.
Daimler's new prices will reportedly come into effect on Sept. 1 and the move follows German automaker Volkswagen AG鈥檚 (OTCMKTS:VLKAY) announcement some days ago that it would cut prices for Audi spare parts by up to 38 percent. The prices of parts like windscreens for Mercedes-Benz Celine Bags Outlet Store cars will reportedly be cut by almost 20 percent, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a company statement released Sunday.
Chinese regulators are working to get foreign companies -- who it accuses of earning high Celine UK Online profits by controlling the market and charging customers extravagant prices -- to reduce prices under an anti-trust law signed in 2008.
鈥淭he Chinese car fleet is relatively young, so the spare-part business is smaller than in saturated markets,鈥?Frank Biller, a Stuttgart-based analyst at LBBW, said to Bloomberg, adding: 鈥淭he direct impact of lower component prices on Daimler鈥檚 profits will be limited.鈥?
Other parts destined for a price cut include聽power steering pumps聽and radiators by 24 percent and 16 percent respectively, ecns.cn, a Chinese news agency聽.聽
Marc-Oliver Nandy, executive vice president of Mercedes-Benz鈥檚 after-sales in China said, to Reuters, that the reduction in prices would 鈥渇urther lower the usage cost for our customers and would improve Mercedes-Benz's competitiveness in the after-sales market.鈥?
Mercedes-Benz, which reportedly began sales on a mellow note in China in 2001, is now enjoying strong growth in the country with sales of 135,972 vehicles in the first half of this year, up 38 percent from last year鈥檚 first half, the Journal reported. The company also expects to sell more than 300,000 cars in 2015.
"It's not enough," Yale Zhang, managing editor of Celine Online Outlet Automotive Foresight, a consulting firm said, to the Journal, adding: "They need to cut their prices at least by half if they want to show their sincerity to the NDRC (National Development and Reform Commission.)"
Last year, China as the world's largest auto market as Chinese consumers bought nearly 2.7 million more new domestic and foreign vehicles than Americans.

08-09-2014, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 02:09 PM by stevenlat.)
American Soccer Futures – Invest in San Jose’s Tommy Thompson
@@@
(left 鈥?Tommy Thompson 鈥?very good at soccer.)
San Jose Earthquakes homegrown player, Tommy Thompson, 18, owns a bundle of Celine Doctor Frame Bags talent. The kid knows what he wants when he steps on to the field.
鈥淚 like to put a few in the back of the net. You never leave the field happy in a tie,鈥?he said, after appearing for the youthful MLS Homegrown team against Portland Timbers U-23, in a scoreless game Monday night in the Rose City. The city is hosting the MLS All-Star game this Wednesday. German champion, Bayern Munich, is the visitor.
鈥淭hat鈥檚 my mentality,鈥?says Thompson, who signed for the Quakes in January this year, a graduate from the club鈥檚 academy. 鈥淚 want the ball, I want to make things happen. I鈥檓 not one of those guys who hides behind defenders and hopes for someone else to make the play.鈥?
Note his rise on the curve. America鈥檚 soccer future needs players willing to take charge; smart players who can think intelligently about their game.
鈥淪occer is played a lot in the head. I鈥檝e learned that, as a professional. Doing it as a job makes it even more of a mental game. You can practice all you want but nothing matters until you are under the lights in front of a crowd. It鈥檚 not Celine Luggage fun and games, it鈥檚 pressure, and I鈥檓 ready for it.鈥?
Wowing the audience when the spotlight in on. This is what elevates the talented to the top of the pyramid, to be talked about, to be courted by agents and money. Hard work and understanding at the core, self-criticism and learning as constructs.
鈥淵ou have to think about the game afterwards; what you could have done better, who you should have taken on, touches you should have made earlier, passes you should have laid off. But there comes a point when you must not over-analyze yourself.鈥?
Self-confidence has to be the trump card.
Asked if an older professional was to say, 鈥楬ey Tommy, give me the ball, let me show you how to do it, kid鈥? 聽Thompson laughs and jokes, 鈥淚 might say OK and go on and do whatever I鈥檓 used to doing. I鈥檒l pretend that I am listening, then do what I know is best.鈥?
Call it the Tommy Thompson way. Mettle 鈥?it鈥檚 what the country needs in its soccer future.

@@@
Olympia police will hold a free event to celebrate National Night Out from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at the Artesian Commons, 415 Fourth Ave., Olympia. The overall goal is for people to get to know their neighbors, and enhance their relationship with law enforcement and other Celine Bags Outlet Store community partners, said Amy Stull, community programs coordinator for the Olympia Police Department. The event will feature games and a police car and a firetruck for kids to explore, she said. In addition, police officers plan to caravan to 21 neighborhoods for various National Night Out events, Stull saidMeantime, the Horizon Pointe Homeowners Association will host its annual Celine UK Online National Night Out event from 5-9 p.m. Tuesday at Horizon Pointe Park, 5700 Balustrade Blvd. SE. It will feature free dinner and live music, according to signs posted around the area. It is traditionally one of the largest Night Out events in South Sound. More than 37.8 million people from 16,242 communities in the United States, U.S. territories, Canada and military bases worldwide are expected to turn out for National Night Out events, according to the National Association of Town Celine Online Outlet Watch. For more information on the program, go to .
Lisa Pemberton: 360-754-5433

08-09-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 03:47 PM by stevenlat.)
NEW YORK- Stocks slip, declining for third consecutive day
@@@
NEW YORK U.S. stocks were losing momentum in late-morning trading Monday, adding to a major sell-off last week that put caution back into the market. The losses were held in check by two pieces of positive news: a decent earnings report from Berkshire Hathaway and the announcement of a bailout package for a struggling Portuguese bank.KEEPING SCORE: The Dow Jones industrial average fell 40 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,453 as of 11:15 a.m. Eastern. The Standard & Poor's 500 index lost three points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,922 and the Nasdaq composite fell five points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,348.In Europe, Germany's DAX fell 0.4 percent and France's CAC 40 rose 0.4 percent. Britain's FTSE 100 fell 0.8 percent.PORTUGESE BANK RESCUE: Portugal's central bank said late Sunday Celine Cabas Bags it will rescue the ailing bank Banco Espirito Santo, one of the country's biggest financial institutions. The bank's woes were a major reason European markets fell last week. Portugal's PSI 20 index rose 1 percent on the news.BUFFETT'S BIG PAYDAY: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway rose $2.17, or 2 percent, to $128.01. Berkshire reported a profit of $6.4 billion last quarter, helped by its insurance division Geico, which performed well above Wall Street's expectations. Berkshire's investment portfolio was also a big driver of profits last quarter.THE AFTERMATH: Investors are still dealing with last week's market rout, where the S&P 500 fell nearly 3 percent in five days. It was the Celine Wallets worst week for the index since June 2012."There does appear to be a little caution in the markets," said Alpari analyst Craig Erlam. "Investors are a little concerned that the sell-off which started last week is not over and could lead to something much bigger."Last week, investors had several reasons to sell. There was the escalating violence in Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, as well as concerns that the Federal Reserve was poised to start raising interest rates next year.LIGHTS OFF: Utility stocks were among the hardest hit. Consolidated Edison, PG&E and Duke Energy fell 1 percent or more. The Dow Jones utility index, which includes 15 utility stocks, fell 1 percent.OUT OF Celine Clasp Bags FASHION: Michael Kors dropped $6.33, or 8 percent, to $75.50. While the handbag and women's fashion company reported a rise in second quarter earnings, the company's profit margin shrank for the second consecutive quarter.CURRENCIES, OIL: Currency markets were flat. The dollar was steady at 102.57 yen and the euro held at $1.3422. Benchmark U.S. crude for September delivery was down 18 cents at $97.70 per barrel. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged down to 2.48 percent.

@@@
Something I fear is Celine Bags Outlet getting a bit lost in all the reports of chairman Rupert Murdoch鈥檚 pit-bull like approach to acquisitions 鈥?Time Warner chairman Jeff Bewkes is no slouch either.
With all the talk around 21st Century Fox鈥檚 pursuit of Time Warner Inc., something I fear is getting a bit lost in all the reports of chairman Rupert Murdoch鈥檚 pit-bull like approach to acquisitions 鈥?Time Warner 聽chairman Jeff Bewkes is no slouch either. 聽
&nbsp;
Volumes have been written about Murdoch鈥檚 take-no-prisoners attitude, how he is not afraid to pay big prices for assets that he sees as transformational, that his vision is unparalleled. But Bewkes hasn鈥檛 just been keeping the chair warm at Time Warner. Bewkes became chairman and CEO of Time Warner in 2008 (he was president and COO from 2006 to 2007), but cut his teeth as chairman and CEO of Home Box Office between 1995 and 2002, building that premium channel from a repository for B-movies into the original programming powerhouse it is today. At Time Warner, he streamlined operations, spinning off both online company 聽and its cable operation Time Warner Cable in 2009 and splitting from its publishing unit Time Inc. earlier this year. Under Bewkes鈥?leadership, Time Warner has more than doubled its stock price and its market capitalization and returned billions to investors in the form of stock buybacks and dividends.
&nbsp;
鈥淚 think he鈥檚 been willing to shrink the asset base to create value. He鈥檚 managed the company pretty brilliantly in that respect, said RBC Capital Markets media analyst David Bank. 鈥淗e鈥檚 created a much cleaner, better company.鈥?
&nbsp;
Bank added that because any Fox deal would seem to consist mostly of Fox stock 鈥?the deal Time Warner rejected was for about $32.41 per share in cash and 1.531 Fox shares for every share of Time Warner stock鈥?Bewkes has to decide whether that is the legacy he wants to leave his shareholders.
&nbsp;
鈥淭ime Warner shareholders, the guys that signed up for the Time Warner thesis, they鈥檙e going to be inheriting Fox shares, they鈥檙e going to be inheriting Fox management, they鈥檙e going to be inheriting the Fox voting structure,鈥?Bank said.
&nbsp;
While Murdoch has a reputation of being willing to do almost anything to get what he wants 鈥?and with a to BSkyB, he鈥檒l have $8 billion more to play with it will ultimately come down to whether investors on both side believe they鈥檙e getting what the signed up for, Bank says.
&nbsp;
Murdoch has already proven he is willing to go to extremes to get what he wants 鈥?in the early part of the century he was willing to buy General Motors just to get a crack at DirecTV (he didn鈥檛 have to). And his record is mixed 鈥?his decision to pay more than $1 billion for NFL rights for Fox in 1993 was at the time considered a huge overpayment, but proved downright visionary, making Fox a major broadcaster; while his 2005 purchase of MySpace for $585 million turned Celine Outlet Store out to be a bust. (He sold it in 2011 for $35 million).
&nbsp;
鈥淗is industrial logic is exceptional,鈥?Bank said of Murdoch, adding that is the least of investors鈥?concerns,聽that shareholders are more worried about how a Time Warner purchase would affect the asset they already own.
&nbsp;
鈥淎s shareholders, what people do care about is the thesis to which they bought into the stock, which is the highest organic secular growth profile company in the space,鈥?Bank said. 鈥淎nd depending on the level of synergies, Time Warner will probably have lower growth.鈥?
&nbsp;
Bank added in the long run, the price really doesn鈥檛 matter to Fox investors.
&nbsp;
鈥淚n an abstract sense, the price paid could Celine UK be a fair price paid,鈥?Bank added, but shareholders are thinking, 鈥業s it what I bought into? Is this what I signed up for?鈥?鈥ery few people, disagreed with the industrial logic.鈥?
&nbsp;
In the meantime, Time Warner bought itself a little time earlier this month when it in its bylaws that allowed for as few as 15% of shareholders to call for a special meeting of shareholder. Now a special meeting can only be called by the CEO or a majority of directors. It said it intends to reinstate the old provision at its next annual shareholders meeting, which gives Time Warner about a year to think of a way to thwart Murdoch鈥檚 advances.
&nbsp;
One way to do that would to be to continue to run the business successfully as it has for decades, and maybe do a small acquisition to prove to shareholders that it is serious about the entertainment business. Or it could give Time Warner more time to find another suitor.
&nbsp;
鈥淚 personally think they are saying, 鈥榞ive us a year to operate the company, but also give us a year to negotiate our affiliate agreements without the overhang of a transaction, and if we鈥檙e ultimately going to monetize the company through a sale, let鈥檚 wait until there is a real marketplace as opposed to one bidder,鈥欌€?Bank said.
&nbsp;
So while Murdoch retreats to his underground bunker to think up a new way to go after Time Warner, Bewkes and Time Warner have some time to figure out what they are going to do next.
&nbsp;
Murdoch has already made it well known what he wants. Now, it鈥檚 your move, J.B.

Quick Reply